Bin Feng (馮 斌)
Yayoi 2-11-16, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, Japan, 113-8656
2008, B.E., Harbin Institute of Technology, China
2011, M.S., The University of Tokyo, Japan
2014, Ph.D., The University of Tokyo, Japan (JSPS,DC2)
2014-2017, Postdoc, The University of Tokyo, Japan
2017-2020, Assistant Professor, The University of Tokyo, Japan
2020-, Project Associated Professor, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Structure, chemistry and properites of grain boundaries
Defects and interfaces in oxide materials
Atomic resolution STEM-EDS
- H. Cho, Y. Wu, Z. Zhang, B. Feng, M. Mikami, W. Shin, Y. Ikuhara, Y. Sheu, K.Saito and H. Ohta. Anomalously low heat conduction in single-crystal superlattice ceramics lower than randomly oriented polycrystals. Adv. Mater. Interface (2021)
- G. Kim, B. Feng, R. Sangkyun, H. Cho, H. Jeen, Y. Ikuhara and H. Ohta. Anisotropic electrical conductivity of oxygen-deficient tungsten oxide films with epitaxially stabilized 1D atomic defect tunnels. ACS Appl. Mater. Interface. (2021)
- J. Wei, B. Feng*, T. Yokoi, K. Matsunaga, N. Shibata and Y. Ikuhara. Direct imaging of atomistic grain boundary migration. Nature Materials (2021)
- D. Liang, B. Chen, B. Feng, Y. Ikuhara, H.Cho and H. Ohta. Optimization of two-dimensional channel thickness in nanometer-thick SnO2-based top-gated thin film transistors using electric field thermopower modulation: implications for flat-panel displays. ACS Appl. Nano Mater. (2020)
- Y. Takashima, Y. Zhang, J. Wei, B. Feng, Y. Ikuhara, H. Cho and H. Ohta. Layered cobalt oxide epitaxial films exhibiting thermoelectric ZT = 0.11 at room temperature. Journal of Materials Chemistry A (2020)
- C. Yang, B. Feng*, J. Wei, E. Tochigi, S. Ishihara, N. Shibata and Y. Ikuhara. Atomic and electronic band structures of Ti-doped Al2O3 grain boundaries. Acta Materialia (2020)
- H. Nakade, E. Tochigi, B. Feng, Y. Nezu, H. Ohta, N. Shibata and Y. Ikuhara. Fabrication and characterization of tetragonal yttria-stabilized zirconia single-crystalline thin film. Journal of the American Ceramic Society (2020)
- G. Kim, B. Feng, Y. Sheu, H. Cho, Y. Ikuhara, and H. Ohta. Coexistence of high electron conduction and low heat conduction in tungsten oxide expitaxial films with 1D atomic defect tunnels. ACS Applied Electronic Materials (2020)
- Q. Yang, J. Lee, B. Feng, Y. Ikuhara, G. Kim, H. Cho, H. Jeen and H. Ohta. Unusually large thermopower change from +330 to -185 μVK-1 of Brownmillerite SrCoO2.5. ACS Applied Electronic Materials (2020)
- J. Wei, T. Ogawa, B. Feng, T. Yokoi, R. Ishikawa, A. Kuwabara, K. Matsunaga, N. Shibata and Y. Ikuhara. Direct measurement of electronic band structures at oxide grain boundaries. Nano Letters (2020)
- P. Wu, H. Song, Y. Yuan, B. Feng, Y. Ikuhara, R. Huang, P. Yu, C. Duan and Y. Chu. Thickness dependence of transport behaviors in SrRuO3/SrTiO3 superlattice. Physical Review Materials (2020)
- M. Wei, A. Sanchela, B. Feng, Y. Ikuhara, H. Cho,and H. Ohta.High electrical conducting deep ultraviolet-transparent oxide semiconductor La-doped SrSnO3 exceeding ~3000 Scm-1. Applied Physics Letters (2020)
- H. Cho,B. Feng, T. Onozato, M. Wei, A. Sanchela, Y. Ikuhara and H. Ohta. Investigation of electrical and thermal transport property reductions in La-doped BaSnO3 films. Physical Review Materials (2019)
- A. Sanchela, H. Cho, M. Wei, G. Kim, H. Jeen,B. Feng, Y. Ikuhara and H. Ohta. Buffer layer-less fabrication of high-mobility transparent oxide semiconductor, La-doped BaSnO3. Journal of Materials Chemistry C (2019)
- B. Feng, R. Ishikawa, A. Kumamoto, N. Shibata and Y.Ikuhara. Atomic scale origin of enhanced ionic conductivity at crystal defects. Nano Letters (2019)
- B. Miao, S. Kondo, E. Tochigi, J. Wei, B. Feng, N. Shibata and Y.Ikuhara. The core structure of 60o mixed basal dislocation in alumina (α-Al2O3) introduced by TEM nanoindentation. Scripta Materialia(2019).
- Y. Guo, A. Inoue, Y. Han, F. Kong, B. Feng, S. Zhu and Y. Ikuhara. Influence of Ag replacement on the formation and heating-induced phase decomposition of Zr65Al7.5Co27.5-xAgx (x=5 to 20 at%) glassy alloys. Journal of Alloys and Compounds (2019).
- J. Tam, B. Feng, Y.Ikuhara, H. Ohta and U. Erb. Crystallography orientation-surface energy-wetting property relationships of rare earth oxides. Journal of Materials Chemistry A (2018)
- P. Gao, S. Yang, R. Ishikawa, N. Li, B. Feng, A. Kumamoto, N. Shibata, P. Yu and Y.Ikuhara. “Atomic-scale measurement of flexoelectric polarization at SrTiO3 dislocations”.Physical Review Letters (2018)
- Y. Zhang, B. Feng, H. Hayashi, C. Chang, Y. Sheu, I. Tanaka, Y.Ikuhara and H. Ohta. “Double thermoelectric power factor of a 2D electron system”.Nature Communications (2018)
- B. Feng, N. Lugg, A. Kumamoto, N.Shibata and Y.Ikuhara. “On the quantitativeness of grain boundary chemistry using STEM EDS: A ZrO2 Σ9 model grain boundary case study”.Ultramicroscopy (2018)
- A. Sanchela, M. Wei, H.Zensyo, B. Feng, J. Lee, G. Kim, H.Jeen, Y.Ikuhara and H. Ohta. “Large thickness dependence of the carrier mobility in a transparent oxide semiconductor, La-doped BaSnO3”.Applied Physics Letters (2018)
- J. Yu, Q. Cao, B. Feng, C. Li, J. Liu, J. Clark and J. Delaynay. “Insights into the efficiency and stability of Cu-based nanowires for electrocatalytic oxygen evolution”.Nano Research (2018)
- B. Feng, N. Lugg, A.Kumamoto, Y. Ikuhara and N. Shibata. “Direct observation of oxygen vacancy distribution across yttria-stabilized zirconia grain boundaries”.ACS Nano (2017)
- P. Gao, R. Ishikawa, B. Feng, A.Kumamoto, N. Shibata and Y. Ikuhara. “Atomic-scale structure relaxation, chemistry and charge distribution of dislocation cores in SrTiO3”.Ultramicroscopy (2018)
- A. Sanchela, T. Onozato, B. Feng, Y. Ikuhara and H. Ohta. “Thermopower modulation clarification of the intrinsic effective mass in transparent oxide semiconductor BaSnO3”.Physical Review Materials (2017)
- Y. Zhang, B. Feng, H. Hayashi, T. Tohei, I. Tanaka, Y. Ikuhara and H. Ohta. “Thermoelectric phase diagram of the SrTiO3-SrNbO3 solid solution system”.Journal of Applied Physics (2017)
- P. Gao, Y. Zhang, M. Li, E. Ishikawa, B. Feng, H. Liu, Y. Huang, N. Shibata, X. Ma, S. Chen, J. Zhang, K. Liu, E. Wang, D. Yu, L. Liao, Y. Chu and Y. Ikuhara. “Possible absence of critical thickness and size effect in ultrathin perovskite ferroelectric films”. Nature Communications (2017).
- S. Katayama, T. Katase, T. Tohei, B. Feng, Y. Ikuhara and H. Ohta. “Reactive solid-phase epitaxy and electrical conductivity of layered sodium manganese oxide films”. Crystal Growth & Design (2017)
- K. Inoue, B. Feng, N. Shibata, M. Kotani and Y. Ikuhara. “Structure of <110>-tilt boundaries in cubic zirconia”. Journal of Materials Science (2017)
- P. Gao, HJ. Liu, YL. Huang, YH. Chu, R. Ishikawa, B. Feng, Y. Jiang, N. Shibata, E. Wang and Y. Ikuhara. Atomic mechanism of polarization-controlled surface reconstruction in ferroelectric thin films. Nature Communications (2016)
- B. Feng, T. Yokoi, A. Kumamoto, M. Yoshiya, Y. Ikuhara and N. Shibata. Atomically ordered solute segregation behaviour in an oxide grain boundary. Nature Communications (2016)
- B. Feng, I. Sugiyama, H. Hojo, H. Ohta, N. Shibata and Y. Ikuhara. Atomic structures and oxygen dynamics of CeO2 grain boundaries. Scientific Reports (2016)
- B. Feng, H. Hojo, T. Mizoguchi, H. Ohta, S.D. Findlay, Y. Sato, N. Shibata, T. Yamamoto and Y. Ikuhara. Atomic structure of a Σ3 /(111) grain boundary in CeO2. Applied Physics Letters (2012)
- H. Hojo, E. Tochigi, T. Mizoguchi, H. Ohta, N. Shibata, B. Feng and Y. Ikuhara. Atomic structure and strain field of threading dislocations in CeO2 thin films on yttria-stabilized ZrO2. Applied Physics Letters (2011)
- J.N. Wang, W.L. L, B. Feng, C.Q. Liu, X.L. Li, Q. Sun and W.D. Fei. Residual stress of Pb(ZrxTi1−x)O3 films with mixed textures. Journal of Alloys and Compounds (2010)
- Q.G. Chi, W.L. Li, W.D. Fei, S.C. Xu and B. Feng. Phase compositions and ferroelectric properties of Pb(Zr-0.52,Ti-0.48)O-3 thin films with different highly orientations prepared by a sol-gel route. Applied Surface Science (2010)
- Q.G. Chi, W.L. Li, B. Feng, C.Q. Liu, and W.D. Fei. Low-temperature crystallization and orientation evolution of Nb-doped Pb(Zr,Ti)O3 thin films using a Pb0.8Ca0.1La0.1Ti0.975O3 seed layer. Scripta Materialia (2009)
- B. Feng, T. Yokoi, A. Kumamoto, M. Yoshiya, Y. Ikuhara and N. Shibata. "Direct visualization of the grain boundary solute segregation in oxide material at atomic resolution using STEM-EDS" Microscopy and Microanalysis, 22, Suppl. S3 (2016)
- NR. Lugg, A. Kumamoto, R. Ishikawa, B. Feng, G. Kothleitner, N. Shibata and Y. Ikuhara. "Atomic-resolution composition mapping in EDS STEM" Microscopy and Microanalysis, 22, Suppl. S3 (2016)
- B. Feng, T. Yokoi, A. Kumamoto, M. Yoshiya, Y. Ikuhara and N. Shibata. "Atom-resolved STEM-EDS study of solute segregation behavior in an yttria-stabilized zirconia grain boundary" AMTC Letters, 5 (2016)
- B. Feng, A. Kumamoto, NR. Lugg, N. Shibata and Y. Ikuhara. "Atomic-resolution STEM-EDS mapping of grain boundary solute segregation in yttria-stabilized zirconia" Microscopy and Microanalysis, 21, Suppl. S3 (2015)
- NR. Lugg, G. Kothleitner, B. Feng, N. Shibata and Y. Ikuhara. "What does quantitative mean in atomic-resolution EDS STEM" Microscopy and Microanalysis, 21, Suppl. S3 (2015)
- B. Feng, H. Hojo, Y. Sato, H. Ohta, N. Shibata and Y. Ikuhara. "Atomic structure and energetics of oxygen vacancy in CeO2 grain boundaries" AMTC Letters, 4 (2014)
- The Excellent Presentation Award of China Electric Microscopy Society，October 15, 2019.
- The 1st Materials and Devices Joint Research Award，April 23, 2019.
- The 28th Japan Institute of Metals and Materials Young Researcher Award, September 19, 2018.
- The 67th Japan Institute of Metals and Materials Metallography Encouragement Award, March 15, 2017.
- Microscopy & Microanalysis Postdoctoral Scholar Awards, 2016.07
- Award for Encouragement of Research in Thin Films. The 15th International Conference on Thin Films (ICTF-15), 2011.11
- Best presentation award. JSPS Asian Core Program, 7th TU-SNU-UT workshop, 2011,10,
- The 12th Crystal Interface Seminar Excellent Presentation Award September, 2012.
- The University of Tokyo Fellowship (2011.10-2013.3)